1. St. Patrick wasn't Irish. Historians believe he was born in what is now England or Scotland.
2. The symbol of Ireland isn't a shamrock. It's actually the harp.
3. St. Patrick's color is actually blue, not green. Since around the time of King Henry VIII, blue has been a popular color to represent the country on coats-of-arms and flags.
4. There are more Irish people living in America than Ireland, which has a population of just over 4 million people. In the United States, there are roughly 34 MILLION people of Irish descent.
5. Your odds of finding a four-leaf clover are one in 10-thousand.