Okay ladies, we've gotten a hold of 6 beauty truths that will freak you out:
- Touching your face. What does that do? Spreads bacteria and oils, causing congestion and breakouts.
- Shaving damages your skin. Shaving your arms once a week causes tons of skin damage, so choose your razor wisely. Avoid the cheap-o's.
- Picking at chipped nails. This damages and weakens your nail bed and rips up layers of your nail plate. Ouch!
- Sleeping in your contacts. Not opting to take out your contacts before bed could lead to serious eye infections like corneal ulcers and conjunctivitis. A bad enough eye infection could lead to loss of vision.
- Not cleaning your phone. When's the last time you cleaned your phone? Where does all that grime end up? On your face. A recent study shows that your smartphone or tablet is dirtier than a public toilet seat. Yuck!
- Never washing your makeup brushes. The fact is dirty, unwashed makeup brushes are loaded with makeup, oil, dead skin and bacteria. Clean your brushes. It only takes a minute. You can use regular shampoo.
Your habits along with looking good can be bad for you!