According to family counselor and author of "Connect to Love" Dr. M. Gary Neuman, the little things tend to make women more satisfied in relationships.
- Time: Of all things women talk about wanting, time with their spouse is it. The vast majority of women in happy relationships get 30 minutes of uninterrupted time with their husbands each day.
- Appreciation: Women tend to take care of children and make salaries nowadays, and they tend to feel very underappreciated. Men should listen, and women should tune in when their husbands are appreciative.
- Understanding: It's important for women to have men who understand them. It's also important for women to help men understand how to listen.
- Fun: This is often one of those things that goes right out the window, especially after a first child is born. Factors like jobs, rent and mortgages can add to relationship strain. Couples should set apart a date night once every week, even if they're tired.
- Kind gestures: Hugs, kisses, unexpected telephone calls to say "I love you." Simple things. Focus on kind gestures that take 30 seconds or less.