STEVE PERRY: A look at his amazing career on his 69th birthday
- He replaced Robert Fleischman as Journey's vocalist in 1977. He was in the band until 1996.
- His first single with the band was "Lights."
- "Don't Stop Believin'" became the team anthem for the World Champion 2005 Chicago White Sox.
- Steve released his first solo album, Street Talk, and the single "Oh Sherrie" in 1984.
- He's one of the 21 vocalists on the USA for Africa benefit song "We Are the World".
- He claims his musical dreams were inspired by hearing Sam Cooke sing "Cupid."
- Steve reunited with his ex-bandmates at their Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction in 2017.
Listen to Steve Perry and Journey on our free iHeartRadio app: