PRINCE: Today would've been the iconic pop star's 59th birthday
Here are some facts about the singer's life:
- Prince Rogers Nelson was a singer, songwriter, actor, multi-instrumentalist and producer.
- He sold over 100 million records and won seven Grammys.
- Prince signed with Warner Brothers Records in 1978.
- A year later, "I Wanna Be Your Lover" became his breakthrough hit.
- His first national TV appearance came January 26th, 1980 on American Bandstand.
- Prince's most famous TV appearance was the Super Bowl 41 halftime show in 2007.
- Prince was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2004.
- He died of an accidental fentanyl overdose on April 21st, 2016.
Along with Michael Jackson, Prince was the most iconic entertainer of the 80's. His music and innovative style was a fresh new sound on the radio in the 80's. Listening to his music takes me back to fond memories of high school and college in the 80's. ~ Dewayne