Give yourself a pat on the back, you made it through 2017. We’re guessing there may have been some wine involved in that! Good news...wine drinkers have a 34 percent lower mortality rate than beer or spirits drinkers. So while you’re thinking of your New Year’s resolutions, here are some wine resolutions to make that’ll help next year be your best one yet.
- First, drink more water - Make it easy on yourself by filling your wine glass with water after you finish your vino, that way you’ll have to hydrate and finish the water before you get a refill on your wine. So smart and so simple.
- Ask for what you want - If your local wine shop doesn’t have a new wine you’re looking for, ask them for it. They might not be able to order that specific bottle, but they can probably get you something similar, so it’s worth a try.
- Always pay attention to Alcohol by Volume (ABV) - Not all wines are created the same, so check out the ABV on the bottle so you know what to expect.
- Drink rosé all year - You don’t have to wait to enjoy your pink wine until summertime. Rosé can be enjoyed all year long so there’s no reason to wait for warm weather to drink it.
- Enjoy it - When you finally sit down with your glass of wine after a long day, don’t rush. Spend a few minutes relaxing and enjoying the whole experience...one resolution that will be easy to keep!