The most famous arcade game of the '80s, Pac-Man was released on this date in 1980.
- The game was first distributed in Japan, where it was developed by Namco.
- Midway Games brought it to the U.S. that October.
- The four multi-colored ghosts are named Blinky, Pinky, Inky and Clyde.
- Inspired by the game and its distinctive sound effects, Buckner and Garcia hit the Top 10 in 1982 with "Pac-Man Fever."
- Its legacy is strong that the game is displayed at the Smithsonian in Washington, D.C. and New York's Museum of Modern Art.