ANN WILSON: A look at the rock 'n roll legend on her 68th birthday
Sending along birthday greetings to the legendary Ann Wilson of Heart who turns 68 today. While Heart may be on hiatus for awhile, Ann is staying busy this summer on tour with Jeff Beck and Paul Rodgers. They'll bring their Stars Align tour to Toyota Music Factory on July 25th. You could win tickets soon, courtesy of Live Nation.
Here's a look at Ann Wilson's remarkable career:
- Lead singer on nearly all of Heart's hits, including "Crazy on You," "Magic Man," "Barracuda," "Never" and "Alone."
- She has dark hair; younger sister Nancy is the blonde.
- Heart was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2013.
- Ann sang a pair of hit duets from movies: with Mike Reno of Loverboy on "Almost Paradise" (from Footloose) and Robin Zander of Cheap Trick on "Surrender to Me" (from Tequila Sunrise).
- While they never married, the "Magic Man" in Ann's life was her then-boyfriend and Heart bandmate Michael Fisher.
- Ann later adopted two children and told us recently how proud she is to now be a grandmother.
- Since 2015, she has released two EP's by the Ann Wilson Thing!.