If you want to make a New Year’s resolution that’s doable, how about using your smartphone less?
Did you know 41-percent of people say their significant other uses the phone too much? There are important reasons to give this goal a try: your health, mental well-being, and relationships.
Here are some steps to take so you can spend more time living and less time controlled by your device.
- Put your phone in another room. Whether you’re with someone or watching TV, the rule of thumb is 'out of sight, out of mind'
- Delete your social media apps
- Turn off your mobile internet so you are only able to check your phone when home and on Wi-Fi
- Set a screen curfew
- Have a 'no phone at the table' rule
- Turn off your notifications
Try it and see if things improve for you and your loved ones!