Triple-0, Australia’s version of 911, are no strangers to prank calls. The emergency line reportedly receives up to nine million calls per year – and 30-percent of those have been for non-emergencies.
Telstra, Triple-0’s service provider, has revealed some of the most ridiculous reasons they’ve gotten calls, ranging from requests for pizza deliveries to love-making. A rep from Telstra says they’re not all prank calls, but also due to “butt-dialing, young children, people with mental issues,” etc.
Here are some of the highlights:
- “What’s 2+2?”
- “Is this the pizza place?”
- “I can’t get my pork to crackle!”
- “Can I have sex with you?”
- “It’s about my bill, I’ve been waiting twenty minutes to get through. So now I’m ringing you.”
- “I’m late for my appointment, can you ring them to let them know.”
- “My phone is out of order, can you report it?”
- “Can you order me a burger?”
- “Hello, what’s your name?”
Since they get a ton of calls every day, Telstra has revealed their plan to filter them out. By early 2019, Telstra plans on opening an additional Triple-0 contact center, the third in Australia, for better response times and to “provide multiple layers of assurance for the community.”
Source: News AU