The tributes are pouring in for The Captain and Tennille's Daryl Dragon, who died Monday at 76.
- Neil Sedaka calls it "a big loss for the music world. Daryl Dragon, The Captain, was a great musician, arranger, keyboard player and dear friend for over forty years... He took my song 'Love Will Keep Us Together,' made it his own with the magic of his playing, in addition to her incredible voice, that resulted in a worldwide phenomenon, along with the Grammy Award for Record of the Year." Neil also took note of the Captain and Tennille recording his songs "You Never Done It Like That," "Lonely Night (Angel Face)," "Let Mama Know" and "Love Is Spreading Over the World."
- Al Jardine: "Toni and Daryl joined The Beach Boys in the early '70s and met each other in our band. They then became The Captain and Tennille and love kept them together all these years. Daryl was a great musician and songwriter -- he co-wrote 'Cuddle Up' with Dennis Wilson-- and a very special person, but what I value most, he was always a true friend."
- Actor/singer Donny Most: "When I guested on their [TV] show, the [production team] really liked the way the Captain and I played off each other in the comedy skits. They had me back to do another episode, and then they wanted me to be a regular on their show. I couldn't do it because I was still doing Happy Days. But I really enjoyed working with both of them. Professionally and personally. They were great!"
- Producer/engineer Ross Hogarth remembered his "old boss and former owner of the L.A. studio Rumbo Recorders: "He was a big part of some very formative years for me early on and I will miss him.. Godspeed Daryl."
- Ex-wife Toni Tennille calls Daryl "a brilliant musician with many friends who loved him greatly. I was at my most creative in my life, when I was with him."