Happy 75th birthday to the legendary Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin.
- His guitar work, songwriting and production made Led Zeppelin one of the most revered rock bands of all time.
- He began his career as a top London session player on hits by Donovan, Herman's Hermits and The Kinks.
- He joined The Yardbirds to play bass in 1966, but switched to guitar when Jeff Beck left.
- Led Zep's name was suggested by Who drummer Keith Moon, who was considering forming a band with Page, Beck and John Entwistle and said the idea would go down (succeed) like a "lead zeppelin."
- All nine Led Zeppelin albums made the Top 10; six reached number-one.
- The band broke up after drummer John Bonham's death in 1980.
- Page's only solo album, Outrider, was released in 1988.
- He and Robert Plant released Walking Into Clarksdale in 1998.