Paul McCartney is trying to get as much life out his last album, 2018's Egypt Station, as he possibly can. He's announced a fourth incarnation -- the Explorer’s Edition.
This release contains the original album plus a second one -- Egypt Station II. The bonus disc is comprised of all the songs released during the "Egypt Station voyage, from studio tracks including the surprise single 'Get Enough' to live performances captured at intimate album preview shows at Abbey Road Studios, The Cavern in Liverpool and Grand Central Station in New York City."
The complete track listing for Egypt Station II is:
- "Get Started"
- "Nothing For Free"
- "Frank Sinatra’s Party"
- "Sixty Second Street"
- "Who Cares" [Full Length]
- "Get Enough"
- "Come on to Me" [Live at Abbey Road Studios]
- "Fuh You" [Live at The Cavern]
- "Confidante" [Live at Liverpool Institute of Performing Arts]
- "Who Cares" [Live at Grand Central Station]
It will be available on CD and vinyl on May 17th.
The week before, May 10th, is the release of the Traveller’s Edition. Limited to 3,000 copies, it contains:
- The original album on a two-LP set
- A vinyl EP led by the album track “Egypt Station 2,” along with three previously unreleased cuts -- “Frank Sinatra’s Party,” “Sixty Second Street” and an extended version of the single “Who Cares” -- and four live performances of Egypt Station songs recorded at Abbey Road, the Cavern Club, the Liverpool Institute for Performing Arts and New York's Grand Central Station
- The album on CD and cassette, plus HD downloads of all the tracks
- Some "rare performance footage hidden inside"
- A copy of a handwritten note from McCartney; an Egypt Station illustrated map suitable for framing; postcards, baggage tickets and first class ticket; a travel journal featuring copies of Paul’s handwritten lyrics; and a 500 piece jigsaw puzzle
The other two versions of Egypt Station were the original album followed by a deluxe set. McCartney resumes his Freshen Up tour on May 23rd in New Orleans.