Neil Diamond is set to reissue all five of his live albums on vinyl August 7th.
Here’s a quick summary of the individual titles:
- Hot August Night: His August 24th, 1972 show was part of a remarkable 10-night run at the Greek Theater in L.A. and established Neil as one of rock's greatest live performers.
- Love at the Greek: The 1977 set returned to the scene of his earlier triumph. Produced by Robbie Robertson of The Band, the high points include "Holly Holly" and a 15-minute version of "Jonathan Livingston Seagull." On vinyl for the first time in 30 years, Greek will be available in a standard black pressing or a translucent non-metallic gold limited edition.
- Hot August Night 2: Recorded in August of 1986, it packs 20 of Diamond's biggest hits, including "Love on the Rocks," "America" and "Song Sung Blue" on a choice of black or limited-edition white vinyl.
- Hot August Night/NYC: Neil's 2008 homecoming at Madison Square Garden includes 25 career-spanning hits from four sold-out nights at the World's Most Famous Arena. Making its vinyl debut, NYC will be available in black or translucent limited-edition red.
- Hot August Night 3: Cementing Diamond's mastery of the stage and his unique connection with audiences, this 2012 set will be pressed in black or limited-edition sea glass vinyl.
Also included: All-Time Greatest Hits with 23 radio favorites from the '60s, '70s and '80s. Those include Neil's original versions of "Red Red Wine," which UB40 made number one, and "I'm a Believer, which was the basis of the most successful recording The Monkees ever made.
[courtesy of Classic Hits Today]