Few things will ruin a nice long holiday weekend more than the hangover that comes after a night of festive drinking. Luckily, there are a few foods that are well suited to combat the effects of a nasty hangover and will be a better fit for a stomach that’s suddenly become pickier.
- Omelets –The protein is great for healing. The yolks are great for getting your brain functioning properly. The amino acids are great for detoxifying your system. You really can’t lose here.
- BRAT –The BRAT diet is something that will go easy on your system, but still get food in your system. We’re talkingBananas,Rice,Applesauce, andToast. Keep it bland and keep your stomach happy.
- Pasta –Pasta holds water, and it’s a great way to re-hydrate yourself. Just stay away from rich sauces that might start things churning the wrong way.
- Cereal –Keeping it simple with cereal & milk won’t upset your stomach, and you’ll still get the vitamins you need to recharge your system.
- Lean Meat –Meats like grilled chicken breast will play nice with the lining of your stomach and get some protein back into your body.
- Quinoa –It’s loaded with B vitamins, and the B-1 will play a huge roll in metabolizing the booze that’s overloaded your body.
- Asparagus –Studies have shown that asparagus has proven effective in getting rid of the bad stuff that causes hangovers. What will it hurt to add a couple stalks into the mix?