STEELY DAN: Remembering the late Walter Becker on his birthday
The late Walter Becker would've turned 68 today. We lost him to esophageal cancer last September. Here's a look at Walter's amazing career:
- He met Steely Dan co-founder Donald Fagen while they were attending Bard College in upstate New York.
- Early in their career, they played in the tour band for pop hit-makers Jay and the Americans.
- Steely Dan's debut album, Can't Buy a Thrill, spun off the hit singles "Do It Again" and "Reeling in the Years."
- Two Against Nature, their first album in nearly 20 years, won the Record of the Year Grammy of 2000.
- Steely Dan was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2001.
- Walter released two solo albums: 11 Tons of Whack (1994) and Circus Money (2008)
- He produced albums for Rickie Lee Jones and Michael Franks.
Donald Fagen's Steely Dan along with The Doobie Brothers will appear at Toyota Music Factory in Irving on May 25th. We'll tell you how to win tickets soon (courtesy of Live Nation). Click here for more concert info.