Billboard's ‘Boxscore’ chart recently compiled the final figures for Elton John's ‘Farewell Yellow Brick Road ‘ tour which wrapped a few days ago in Stockholm, Sweden. It was the first tour to gross over $800 million.
Here are the specifics:
- First tour to gross first $800 million, and then $900 million
- Final gross over 330 shows - $989.1 million, making it the highest-grossing tour of all-time
- 6 million tickets sold
- 183 shows in North America
- 101 in Europe
- 46 in Australia and Asia.
- The North American dates accounted for 61% of the total tour gross
- He is the highest-grossing solo artist in the history of the Boxscore chart with nearly $2 billion dollars and 21-million tickets sold.
Sir Elton says he's done with touring, but he has not ruled out single shows, benefits and possibly another residency. Elton did say he would not return to Las Vegas however.
Up next for Sir Elton is a return to the studio in October to begin recording a new album.
[Source: Classic Hits Today]