MICK JAGGER: Ageless rocker turns 74 today
If anyone would've told us that Mick Jagger and The Rolling Stones would still be touring and making rock 'n roll more than 5 decades after they first hit during the British Invasion, no one would've believed it.
Stop and think about it. The Rolling Stones are still together decades after The Beatles broke up and 40 years after the death of Elvis Presley. Here's a look at Mick's contributions and his amazing career as he celebrates his 74th birthday:
- The Rolling Stones frontman has written or co-written most of the band's hits.
- While the Stones never made a group comedy the way The Beatles and Herman's Hermits did, Mick has done some acting, starring in the movies Performance and Ned Kelly.
- He met Keith Richards when they were students at Wentworth Primary School in Dartford, England.
- Mick has released four solo albums, the most recent was 2001's Goddess in the Doorway.
- He is the father of eight children with five different women.
- Mick was knighted in 2002 -- an honor bandmate and songwriting partner Keith Richards has yet to receive.
- He promises that he will not write an autobiography.