From “Beetlejuice” to “Coraline” to “Casper,” here are the top 10 family-friendly spooky movies to stream this fall:
- “Beetlejuice” (1998): Tim Burton’s classic starring Michael Keaton, Winona Ryder, and Catherine O’Hara (you know her from “Schitt’s Creek,” too!)
- “The Nightmare Before Christmas”(1993):Is it a Halloween or Christmas flick? Who cares, it works for both holidays, delivering as many spooky as heart-warming moments –oh, and it also stars Catherine O’Hara.
- “Coraline” (2009): Dakota Fanning plays the title character in this animated childhood fantasy –or is it a nightmare?
- “Hocus Pocus” (1993): Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Kathy Najimy star in this 1993 witchy classic – which is currently enjoying a box office comeback thanks to its 2020 re-release!
- “Casper” (1995):This is as family-friendly as it gets – after all, Casper is known as the “friendly” ghost.
- “Ghostbusters”:You can watch the 1984 original, or the 2016 reboot… either way, you’re getting a spooky good time starring plenty of comedy icons, like Bill Murray, Rick Moranis, Kate McKinnon and Melissa McCarthy.
- “Halloweentown” (1998):This flick starring Kimberly J Brown and Debbie Reynolds is your chance to live out a fantasy of discovering secret magical abilities.
- “Harry Potter”:Pick any installment of this franchise starring Daniel Radcliffe, and you’re guaranteed family-friendly spooks, goofs, and plenty of magic.
- “Hotel Transylvania” (2012): Adam Sandler, Andy Samberg, Selena Gomez and more voice spooky but lovable characters in this star-studded animated hit.
- “Hubie Halloween” (2020):And this is Adam Sandler’s latest – also star-studded, Halloween-themed, and available now on Netflix!
Want more non-R-rated recommendations? ClickHERE.