Elton John has announced a new album. The Lockdown Sessions features 16 collaborations Elton did over the last 18 months with Stevie Nicks, Stevie Wonder, Eddie Vedder, the late Glen Campbell and a dozen others.
Elton said, “The last thing I expected to do during lockdown was make an album. But, as the pandemic went on, one‐off projects kept cropping up.”
He added, "Some of the recording sessions had to be done remotely, via Zoom, which I’d obviously never done before. Some of the sessions were recorded under very stringent safety regulations: working with another artist, but separated by glass screens. But all the tracks I worked on were really interesting and diverse, stuff that was completely different to anything I’m known for, stuff that took me out of my comfort zone into completely new territory. And I realized there was something weirdly familiar about working like this.”
The new album will be released on October 22nd on CD, vinyl, digitally and on cassette.
Here’s a peek at the list of songs on the album:
- Elton & Dua Lipa – "Cold Heart (PNAU Remix)"
- Elton, Young Thug & Nicki Minaj – "Always Love You"
- Surfaces featuring Elton John – "Learn to Fly"
- Elton & Charlie Puth – "After All"
- Rina Sawayama & Elton – "Chosen Family"
- Gorillaz featuring Elton & 6LACK – "The Pink Phantom"
- Elton & Years & Years – "It's a Sin (Global Reach Mix)"
- Miley Cyrus featuring WATT, Elton, Yo-Yo Ma, Robert Trujillo & Chad Smith – "Nothing Else Matters"
- Elton & SG Lewis – "Orbit"
- Elton & Brandi Carlile – "Simple Things"
- Jimmie Allen & Elton – "Beauty in the Bones"
- Lil Nas X featuring Elton – "One of Me"
- Elton & Eddie Vedder – "E-Ticket"
- Elton & Stevie Wonder – "Finish Line"
- Elton & Stevie Nicks – "Stolen Car"
- Glen Campbell & Elton – "I’m Not Gonna Miss You"
[Source: Classic Hits Today]