Well, 2021 is almost over, and plenty of folks already have their New Year’s resolutions in mind, but how long they keep them is another story.
Most people rarely stick to their resolutions for that long, and a new thread on the anonymous Whisper app has folks revealing just how they broke theirs.
- "Started the year by deleting Tinder and staying away from casual hookups…It’s day five and I already broke the resolution.”
- “I guess bad thoughts lead to bad actions. I broke my New Year’s resolution to not watch porn last year, and the same happened now. I really need help. I was so sure I could avoid it.”
- “I tried being celibate for my New Year’s resolution. I got two months in and broke down.”
- “I already broke my resolution of being more honest with others and myself. I’m not down to hurt people even if it’s the truth.”
- “My New Year’s resolution was to start sleeping early. But I broke it when I stayed up all night and turned up at my parents’ house.”
- “My New Year’s resolution was to eat less. Well, I already broke it six days after January 1st.”
- “5 days into the New Year and I already broke my New Year’s resolution. I promised myself I wouldn’t sleep with my ex-girlfriend, and I did tonight.”
- “My New Year’s resolution was to be a vegetarian, broke that the next day. I thought it would be so easy until I realized the ridiculous amount of food I had to give up.”
- “Four months into the new year and I already broke my resolution…black out drunk on a Tuesday. Lol.”
[Courtesy of Dr. Dave’s Ultimate Prep]
[Photo Credit: Getty Images]